Thursday, March 8, 2012

it's like "salad" | oc family photographer

When I talked to Chelsea on the phone to schedule her session, I asked what her last name was, and she said, "Salas...like salad but with an S instead of a D."  For some reason that has stuck with me...so clever!  I met her parents last fall when they came in town and we got some great shots of them under the Seal Beach pier.  They bought a gift certificate and gave it to Chelsea and Matt for Christmas...in hopes that they would be able to get some family pictures before Matt was deployed to Afghanistan.  Yes...this young man is a Marine, and is leaving soon.  He will be gone for about 6 months.  It breaks my heart to think about this sweet family being separated...but at the same time I feel so much pride and respect for what he's doing.  They have been living at Camp Pendleton, and so we decided to meet each other halfway in San Clemente for our session.  Here are some of my favorite images...






Just in case you didn't already know, I offer a standing 50% discount to all active military families.  :)
God Bless The USA!

2 comments:

Tracy J said...

One word.... LOVE

Kellie said...

SUCH a cute family. Great work.